Wish-fulfilment in Philosophy and Psychoanalysis: The tyranny of desire (Psychoanalytic Explorations)
Posted on 2020-04-26, by books_lover.
Wish-fulfilment as a singular means of satisfying ineluctable desire is a pivotal concept in classical psychoanalysis. Freud argued that it was the thread that united dreams, daydreams, phantasy, omnipotent thinking, neurotic and some psychotic symptoms such as hallucinations and delusions, art, myth, and religious illusions. The concept's theoretical exploration has been largely neglected within psychoanalysis since, but contemporary philosophers have recognised it as providing an explanatory model for much of the kind of irrational behaviour so problematic for psychiatry, social psychology and the philosophy of mind. Although critically neglected in contemporary psychological and psychoanalytic thought, the concept remains clinically fundamental, under different labels: it encompasses the processes of omnipotent phantasy, symbolic or substitutive satisfaction, actualisation in transference and acting out, symptom formation and defenses such as projective identification. Wish-fulfilm
- Ebooks list page : 43406
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Inventing God: Psychology of Belief and the Rise of Secular Spirituality (Philosophy and Psychoanalysis)
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-07-09The Analytic Freud: Philosophy and Psychoanalysis
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2011-03-20Michael P. Levine - The Analytic Freud: Philosophy and Psychoanalysis
- 2010-08-14Ann Bugliani,The Instruction of Philosophy and Psychoanalysis by Tragedy: Jacques Lacan and Gabriel Marcel read Paul Claudel
- 2020-12-11An Examination of Sir William Hamilton's Philosophy And of the Principal Philosophical Questions Dis...
- 2020-05-05Inventing God (Philosophy and Psychoanalysis)
- 2020-01-13Temporality and Shame (Philosophy and Psychoanalysis)
- 2019-12-31Transformational Processes in Clinical Psychoanalysis (The International Psychoanalytical Association Psychoanalytic Ideas and Applications Series) - Removed
- 2019-12-24Progress in Psychoanalysis (Philosophy and Psychoanalysis)
- 2019-12-24Lacan on Psychosis (Philosophy and Psychoanalysis)
- 2019-11-21The Continuous, the Discrete and the Infinitesimal in Philosophy and Mathematics (The Western Ontario Series in Philosophy of Science)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Heidegger, Philosophy, and Politics: The Heidelberg Conference
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Becoming a Subject: Reflections in Philosophy and Psychoanalysis
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Humanizing Evil: Psychoanalytic, Philosophical and Clinical Perspectives (Philosophy and Psychoanalysis)
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Unconscious Thought in Philosophy and Psychoanalysis - Removed
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Quantum Mechanics at the Crossroads: New Perspectives from History, Philosophy and Physics (The Frontiers Collection) - Removed
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Philosophy and Simulation: The Emergence of Synthetic Reaso
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.