Posted on 2021-07-24, by book24h.
English | June 01, 2021 | ASIN: B08SMNWH1N |MP3|M4B | 5h 57m | 174 MB
Author and Narrator: Alice Waters
From chef and food activist Alice Waters, an impassioned plea for a radical reconsideration of the way each and every one of us cooks and eats.
In We Are What We Eat, Alice Waters urges us to take up the mantle of slow food culture, the philosophy at the core of her life's work. When Waters first opened Chez Panisse in 1971, she did so with the intention of feeding people good food during a time of political turmoil. Customers responded to the locally sourced organic ingredients, to the dishes made by hand, and to the welcoming hospitality that infused the small space - human qualities that were disappearing from a country increasingly seduced by takeout, frozen dinners, and prepackaged ingredients. Waters came to see that the phenomenon of fast food culture, which prioritized cheapness, availability, and speed, was not only ruining our health, but also dehumanizing the ways we live and relate to one another.
Over years of working with regional farmers, Waters and her partners learned how geography and seasonal fluctuations affect the ingredients on the menu, as well as about the dangers of pesticides, the plight of fieldworkers, and the social, economic, and environmental threats posed by industrial farming and food distribution. So many of the serious problems we face in the world today - from illness, to social unrest, to economic disparity, and environmental degradation - are all, at their core, connected to food. Fortunately, there is an antidote. Waters argues that by eating in a "slow food way", each of us - like the community around her restaurant - can be empowered to prioritize and nurture a different kind of culture, one that champions values such as biodiversity, seasonality, stewardship, and pleasure in work.
This is a declaration of action against fast food values, and a working theory about what we can do to change the course. As Waters makes clear, every decision we make about what we put in our mouths affects not only our bodies but also the world at large - our families, our communities, and our environment. We have the power to choose what we eat, and we have the potential for individual and global transformation - simply by shifting our relationship to food. All it takes is a taste.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 48655
- 2021-07-02We Are What We Eat: A Slow Food Manifesto
- 2021-06-04We Are What We Eat: A Slow Food Manifesto
- 2021-05-26We Are What We Eat: A Slow Food Manifesto - Removed
- 2020-06-02You Are What You Eat Human Body Function in Relation to Food
- 2017-12-03[PDF] We Are What We Eat: Ethnic Food and the Making of Americans
- 2011-09-05We Are What We Eat: Ethnic Food and the Making of Americans free ebook download
- 2009-11-20We Are What We Eat: Ethnic Food and the Making of Americans
- 2021-01-09Cookies or Carrots? You Are What You Eat (Kids & Obesity)
- 2020-07-21The Good Parenting Food Guide: Managing What Children Eat Without Making Food a Problem
- 2019-01-25You Are Why You Eat Change Your Food Attitude, Change Your Life
- 2019-01-15The Science of Food An Exploration of What We Eat and How We Cook [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-15You are What You Eat Literary Probes into the Palate
- 2019-01-11You are What You Eat Literary Probes into the Palate
- 2019-01-10You Are Why You Eat Change Your Food Attitude, Change Your Life
- 2019-01-10The Science of Food An Exploration of What We Eat and How We Cook [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-27The Science of Food An Exploration of What We Eat and How We Cook [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-26You Are Why You Eat Change Your Food Attitude, Change Your Life
- 2018-12-20You are What You Eat Literary Probes into the Palate
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Ethics of What We Eat: Why Our Food Choices Matter
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.