Walking the Great North Line: From Stonehenge to Lindisfarne to Discover the Mysteries of Our Ancient Past [Audiobook]
Posted on 2021-04-26, by nokia241186.
English | April 22, 2021 | ASIN: B08LNM4PJ7 |
Robert Twigger, poet and travel author, was in search of a new way up England when he stumbled across the Great North Line. From Christchurch on the South Coast to Old Sarum to Stonehenge, to Avebury, to Notgrove barrow, to Meon Hill in the midlands, to Thor's Cave, to Arbor Low stone circle, to Mam Tor, to Ilkley in Yorkshire and its three stone circles and the Swastika Stone, to several forts and camps in Northumberland to Lindisfarne (plus about 30 more sites en route). A single dead-straight line following one degree, 50 west up Britain. No other north-south straight line goes through so many ancient sites of such significance.
Was it just a suggestive coincidence, or were they built intentionally? Twigger walks the line, which takes him through Birmingham, Halifax and Consett as well as Salisbury Plain, the Peak district and the Yorkshire moors. With a planning schedule that focused more on reading about shamanism and beat poetry than hardening his feet up, he sets off ever hopeful. He wild-camps along the way, living like a homeless bum, with a heart that starts stifled but ends up soaring with the beauty of life. He sleeps in a prehistoric cave, falls into a river, crosses a 'suicide viaduct' and gets told off by a farmer's wife for trespassing; but in this simple life, he finds woven gold. He walks with others and he walks alone, ever alert to the incongruities of the edgelands he is journeying through.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 47449
- 2013-12-26Walking: The Ultimate Exercise for Optimum Health (Audiobook)
- 2013-12-24Walking: The Ultimate Exercise for Optimum Health [Audiobook]
- 2020-12-11How to Write Like Tolstoy A Journey into the Minds of Our Greatest Writers [Audiobook]
- 2020-12-10A Fatal Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum Murder in Ancient Rome [Audiobook]
- 2020-12-04Thebes: The Forgotten City of Ancient Greece [Audiobook]
- 2020-10-11The Kojiki: Records of Ancient Matters [Audiobook]
- 2020-02-24Expedition Unknown S09E03 The Hunt for Our Ancient Ancestors XviD-AFG
- 2020-02-21At the Edge of Time: Exploring the Mysteries of Our Universe’s First Seconds (Science Essentials)
- 2019-12-14Waters of the World: The Story of the Scientists Who Unraveled the Mysteries of Our Oceans, Atmosphere, and Ice Sheets and Made the Planet Whole
- 2019-06-28Soulcraft Crossing into the Mysteries of Nature and Psyche [Audiobook]
- 2019-02-22Brain Storms The Race to Unlock the Mysteries of Parkinson's Disease [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-31American Catch The Fight for Our Local Seafood [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-31The Pleiades and Our Secret Destiny [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-31Micrometeorites and the Mysteries of Our Origins - Removed
- 2019-01-30American Catch The Fight for Our Local Seafood [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-27Brain Storms The Race to Unlock the Mysteries of Parkinson's Disease [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-23American Catch The Fight for Our Local Seafood [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-14Micrometeorites and the Mysteries of Our Origins
- 2018-10-30Black Genesis The Prehistoric Origins of Ancient Egypt [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.