The Secret History of Food Strange but True Stories About the Origins of Everything We Eat [Audiobook]
Posted on 2021-09-06, by book24h.
English | ASIN: B0923BP6QB | 2021 |MP3|M4B | ~05:30:00 | 157 MB
Matt Siegel, Roger Wayne (Narrator), "The Secret History of Food: Strange but True Stories About the Origins of Everything We Eat"
An irreverent, surprising, and entirely entertaining look at the little-known history surrounding the foods we know and love.
Is Italian olive oil really Italian, or are we dipping our bread in lamp oil? Why are we masochistically drawn to foods that can hurt us, like hot peppers? Far from being a classic American dish, is apple pie actually...English?
"As a species, we're hardwired to obsess over food", Matt Siegel explains as he sets out "to uncover the hidden side of everything we put in our mouths". Siegel also probes subjects ranging from the myths - and realities - of food as aphrodisiac, to how one of the rarest and most exotic spices in all the world (vanilla) became a synonym for uninspired sexual proclivities, to the role of food in fairy and morality tales. He even makes a well-argued case for how ice cream helped defeat the Nazis.
The Secret History of Food is a rich and satisfying exploration of the historical, cultural, scientific, sexual, and, yes, culinary subcultures of this most essential realm. Siegel is an armchair Anthony Bourdain, armed not with a chef's knife but with knowledge derived from medieval food-related manuscripts, ancient Chinese scrolls, and obscure culinary journals. Funny and fascinating, The Secret History of Food is essential listening for all foodies.
Supplemental enhancement PDF accompanies the audiobook.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 49386
- 2021-09-07The Secret History of Food Strange but True Stories About the Origins of Everything We Eat by Matt Siegel - Removed
- 2021-09-03The Secret History of Food Strange but True Stories About the Origins of Everything We Eat
- 2021-08-21The Secret History of Food: Strange but True Stories About the Origins of Everything We Eat - Removed
- 2020-02-07Bad Rabbi: And Other Strange but True Stories from the Yiddish Press (Stanford Studies in Jewish History and Culture)
- 2013-04-2513 Ghosts Strange but True Stories - Will Osborne.mobi
- 2011-05-3113 Ghosts: Strange but True Stories
- 2020-07-23Mrs. Wakeman vs. the Antichrist: And Other Strange-but-True Tales from American History
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Mrs. Wakeman vs. the Antichrist: And Other Strange-but-True Tales from American History - Removed
- 2022-02-04The Secret History of Food Matt Siegel - Removed
- 2020-06-26Scottish History: Strange but True: Strange But True
- 2017-12-08[PDF] The Bye Bye Man: And Other Strange-but-True Tales - Removed
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Marooned: The Strange but True Adventures of Alexander Selkirk, the Real Robinson Crusoe
- 2017-01-09[PDF] The Bye Bye Man: And Other Strange-but-True Tales - Removed
- 2014-05-22The Shark That Walks on Land: And Other Strange but True Tales of Mysterious Sea Creatures
- 2014-05-09The Shark That Walks on Land: And Other Strange But True Tales Of Mysterious Sea Creatures
- 2021-09-16The Totally Awesome Book Of Crazy Stories Crazy But True Stories That Actually Hap
- 2021-09-04Strange But True, America Weird Tales from All 50 States
- 2021-01-04The Totally Awesome Book of Crazy Stories Crazy But True Stories That Actually Happened!
- 2020-12-29The Totally Awesome Book of Crazy Stories Crazy But True Stories That Actually Happened!
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.