Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2013-08-29. By anonymous.
2001 | 348 Pages | ISBN: 0824824652 , 0824824156 | PDF | 3 MB
This title examines in a comprehensive way the critically formative period when a culturally coherent geopolitical region identifiable as East Asia first took shape. By sifting through an array of both primary material and modern interpretations, Charles Holcombe unravels what "East Asia" means, and why. He brings to bear archaeological, textual, and linguistic evidence to elucidate how the region developed through mutual stimulation and consolidation from its highly plural origins into what we now think of as the nation-states of China, Japan, Korea, and Vietnam. Beginning with the Qin dynasty conquest of 221 BC which brought large portions of what are now Korea and Vietnam within China's frontiers, the book goes on to examine the period of intense interaction that followed with the many scattered local tribal cultures then under China's imperial sway as well as across its borders. Even the distant Japanese islands could not escape being profoundly transformed by developments on the mainland. Eventually, under the looming shadow of the Chinese empire, independent native states and civilizations matured for the first time in both Japan and Korea, and one frontier region, later known as Vietnam, moved toward independence.
- Ebooks list page : 23075
- 2011-10-19The Genesis of East Asia, 221 B.C.-A.D. 907 (Asian Interactions and Comparisons)
- 2010-10-26The Genesis of East Asia, 221 B.C.-A.D. 907 (Asian Interactions and Comparisons)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Crossed Histories: Manchuria in the Age of Empire (Asian Interactions and Comparisons)
- 2011-08-31Buddhism, Diplomacy, and Trade: The Realignment of Sino-Indian Relations, 600-1400 (Asian Interactions and Comparisons)
- 2012-05-11Eyes for the Phoenix: Allied Aerial Photo-Reconnaissance Operations, South-East Asia 1941-1945
- 2021-01-16Japan and the Reconstruction of East Asia
- 2020-12-28The Rise of East Asia Critical Visions of the Pacific Century
- 2020-05-06Law of the Sea in East Asia Issues and prospects
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Local Realities and Environmental Changes in the History of East Asia (Academia Sinica on East Asia)
- 2011-08-16Crossing Empireâ€™s Edge: Foreign Ministry Police and Japanese Expansionism in Northeast Asia (The World of East Asia)
- 2011-04-07Japan and the Reconstruction of East Asia (International Political Economy)
- 2010-06-05The Resurgence of East Asia: 500, 150 and 50 Year Perspectives (Asia's Transformations)
- 2010-05-25The Peopling of East Asia: Putting Together Archaeology, Linguistics and Genetics
- 2009-02-03The Peopling of East Asia: Putting Together Archaeology, Linguistics and Genetics
- 2011-11-02Public Administration in East Asia: Mainland China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan (Public Administration and Public Policy)
- 2011-08-01Public Administration in East Asia: Mainland China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan (Public Administration and Public Policy)
- 2014-05-30The Cake Mix Doctors Bakes Gluten-Free: 76 Luscious Cakes, Bundts, Cookies, Brownies, and Bars (repost)
- 2014-05-02The Power of Business Process Improvement: 10 Simple Steps to Increase Effectiveness, Efficiency, and Adaptability (repost)
- 2014-04-26The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life: Cruelty-Free Crafts, Recipes, Beauty Secrets and More (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.