Posted on 2011-12-22. By anonymous.
National Academies Press; 1 edition | July 9, 2004 | ISBN-10: 0309091810 | 448 pages | PDF | 6.40 MB
In recent decades, advances in biomedical research have helped save or lengthen the lives of children around the world. With improved therapies, child and adolescent mortality rates have decreased significantly in the last half century. Despite these advances, pediatricians and others argue that children have not shared equally with adults in biomedical advances. Even though we want children to benefit from the dramatic and accelerating rate of progress in medical care that has been fueled by scientific research, we do not want to place children at risk of being harmed by participating in clinical studies. "Ethical Conduct of Clinical Research Involving Children" considers the necessities and challenges of this type of research and reviews the ethical and legal standards for conducting it. It also considers problems with the interpretation and application of these standards and conduct, concluding that while children should not be excluded from potentially beneficial clinical studies, some research that is ethically permissible for adults is not acceptable for children, who usually do not have the legal capacity or maturity to make informed decisions about research participation. The book looks at the need for appropriate pediatric expertise at all stages of the design, review, and conduct of a research project to effectively implement policies to protect children. It argues persuasively that a robust system for protecting human research participants in general is a necessary foundation for protecting child research participants in particular.
- Ebooks list page : 16352
- 2012-01-03Exploring Challenges, Progress, and New Models for Engaging the Public in the Clinical Research Enterprise: Clinical Research Roundtable Workshop Summary - Based On A Workshop Of The Clinical Research Roundtable
- 2011-12-11Exploring Challenges, Progress, and New Models for Engaging the Public in the Clinical Research Enterprise: Clinical Research Roundtable Workshop Summary - Based On A Workshop Of The Clinical Research Roundtable
- 2011-11-20Exploring Challenges, Progress, and New Models for Engaging the Public in the Clinical Research Enterprise
- 2012-01-12A Review of the U.S. Global Change Research Program s Draft Strategic Plan
- 2011-11-29Opportunities to Address Clinical Research Workforce Diversity Needs for 2010
- 2011-08-26Opportunities to Address Clinical Research
- 2008-02-19[request]clinical research coordinator handbook
- 2020-05-30Clinical Research Involving Pregnant Women (Research Ethics Forum)
- 2018-08-26Clinical Research Involving Pulmonary Disorders
- 2018-08-16Clinical Research Involving Pulmonary Disorders
- 2017-04-10[PDF] Nutrition and the Eye: Basic and Clinical Research (Developments in Ophthalmology, Vol. 38)
- 2010-04-13Nutrition And The Eye: Basic And Clinical Research (Developments in Ophthalmology) - Removed
- 2010-02-11Nutrition And The Eye: Basic And Clinical Research (Developments in Ophthalmology) by Albert J. Augustin - Removed
- 2009-06-23Nutrition And The Eye: Basic And Clinical Research (Developments in Ophthalmology) by Albert J. Augustin - Removed
- 2018-05-09Attachment Theory in Clinical Work with Children Bridging the Gap between Research and Practice
- 2011-05-20Clinical Interviews for Children and Adolescents: Assessment to Intervention (The Guilford Practical Intervention in Schools Series) - Removed
- 2009-04-17Attachment Theory in Clinical Work with Children: Bridging the Gap between Research and Practice
- 2020-02-26The Illusion of Transparency in Corporate Governance: Does Transparency Help or Hinder True Ethical Conduct?
- 2020-02-22The Comprehensive Textbook of Clinical Biomechanics [no access to course]: [formerly Biomechanics in Clinic and Research] Ed 2
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.