[PDF] UNIX System Security: A Guide for Users and System Administrators (Addison-Wesley Professional Computing (Paperback))
Posted on 2018-01-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Dave Curry | Publisher: iUniverse.Com, Inc. | Category: Civil Engineering | Language: English | Page: 296 | ISBN: 0201606402 | ISBN13: 9780201606409 |
Description: Because the UNIX system was originally designed by programmers for use by other programmers, it was used in an environment of open cooperation where security was of minimal concern. Now that its use has spread to universities, businesses, and government, the confidential and sensitive nature of the data stored on UNIX systems has made the security of these systems of paramount importance. Despite all the technical papers and workshops on UNIX security, this book is unique. "UNIX System Security" is the first up-to-date source to provide the UNIX system user or administrator with the information needed to protect the data and system from unauthorized use. By following the procedures described in this book and making use of the C programs and shell scripts provided as examples, you can protect your UNIX system from most attackers. The author begins by examining four high-profile breaches of UNIX security as illustrations of how a UNIX system can be attacked. He then provides the information necessary to protect against these forms of attack, and offers the tools that can be used to do so. Focusing on the most recent release of Berkeley and System V UNIX, and such vendor derivatives as SunOS and ULTRIX, the book gives information that can be applied to any version of UNIX since Seventh Edition. Issues discussed include account and password security, securing the file system, encryption and authentication systems, TCP/IP network security, the Network Information Service (NIS), NFS, RFS, workstation security, terminals and modems, and UUCP. Other chapters describe how to respond if your system is attacked and how to develop a comprehensive security policy for your organization. The book also gives comprehensive lists of freely available security software, and publications and mailing lists dealing with UNIX security.
UNIX System Security: A Guide for Users and System Administrators (Addison-Wesley Professional Computing (Paperback)).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35749
- 2018-01-30[PDF] UNIX(R) System Security: A Guide for Users and System Administrators
- 2017-11-16[PDF] Windows To Go: A Guide for Users and IT Professionals - Removed
- 2009-04-02[request]Uva's Rigging Guide for Studio and Location - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] SOLIDWORKS 2017: A Power Guide for Beginners and Intermediate Users
- 2017-11-24[PDF] SOLIDWORKS 2015: A Power Guide for Beginner and Intermediate Users
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Spatial Microsimulation: A Reference Guide for Users (Understanding Population Trends and Processes)
- 2019-12-12Developer's Guide to Web Application Security; A Guide for Developers and Penetration Testers
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Geothermal Heat Pumps: A Guide for Planning and Installing
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Behind the Walls: A Guide for Families and Friends of Texas Prison Inmates (North Texas Crime and Criminal Justice Series)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Getting It Published: A Guide for Scholars and Anyone Else Serious about Serious Books (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Embedded Systems Security: Practical Methods for Safe and Secure Software and Systems Development
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Mapping Applied Linguistics: A Guide for Students and Practitioners
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Making the News: A Guide for Activists and Nonprofits
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Developing Women Leaders: A Guide for Men and Women in Organizations
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Bloomberg Way: A Guide for Reporters and Editors
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Practical Horse Law: A Guide for Owners and Riders
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Practical Ophthalmology: A Survival Guide for Doctors and Optometrists
- 2017-11-29[PDF] The Osteoporosis Book: A Guide for Patients and Their Families
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Technical Writing: A Practical Guide for Engineers and Scientists (What Every Engineer Should Know)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.