Posted on 2017-12-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Bruce Masters | Publisher: Cambridge University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 276 | ISBN: 1107033632 | ISBN13: 9781107033634 |
Description: The Ottomans ruled much of the Arab World for four centuries. Bruce Masters's work surveys this period, emphasizing the cultural and social changes that occurred against the backdrop of the political realities that Arabs experienced as subjects of the Ottoman sultans. The persistence of Ottoman rule over a vast area for several centuries required that some Arabs collaborate in the imperial enterprise. Masters highlights the role of two social classes that made the empire successful: the Sunni Muslim religious scholars, the ulama, and the urban notables, the acyan. Both groups identified with the Ottoman sultanate and were its firmest backers, although for different reasons. The ulama legitimated the Ottoman state as a righteous Muslim sultanate, while the acyan emerged as the dominant political and economic class in most Arab cities due to their connections to the regime. Together, the two helped to maintain the empire.
The Arabs of the Ottoman Empire, 1516-1918: A Social and Cultural History.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34878
- 2016-11-04The Arabs of the Ottoman Empire, 1516-1918 A Social and Cultural History
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Ottoman Empire, 1700-1922 (New Approaches to European History) - Removed
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Ottoman Imperial Diplomacy: A Political, Social and Cultural History (Library of Ottoman Studies)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The Ottoman Empire and the Bosnian Uprising: Janissaries, Modernisation and Rebellion in the Nineteenth Century (Library of Ottoman Studies)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Ottoman Empire and the World Around It (Library of Ottoman Studies)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Ottoman Empire (Greenwood Guides to Historic Events 1500-1900)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The Ottoman Empire and Early Modern Europe (New Approaches to European History)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Ottoman Empire: From Beginning to End (First Balkan War - Gallipoli 1915 - Russo-Turkish War - Crimean War - Battle of Vienna)
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Ottoman Empire (Greenwood Guides to Historic Events 1500-1900)
- 2010-03-22Arabs and Young Turks: Ottomanism, Arabism, and Islamism in the Ottoman Empire, 1908-1918
- 2017-12-11[PDF] The Mongol Empire: Genghis Khan, His Heirs and the Founding of Modern China - Removed
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Ottoman Army 1914 - 1918: Disease and Death on the Battlefield (Utah Series in Turkish and Islamic Stud)
- 2010-06-23The Ottoman Empire, 1700-1922 (New Approaches to European History) (Repost)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Making of Green Knowledge: Environmental Politics and Cultural Transformation - Removed
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The First World War and German National Identity: The Dual Alliance at War (Studies in the Social and Cultural History of Modern Warfare) [German]
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The Second Indochina War: A Concise Political and Military History
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Ordinary Workers, Vichy and the Holocaust: French Railwaymen and the Second World War (Studies in the Social and Cultural History of Modern Warfare) [French]
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Literary Agamben: Adventures in Logopoiesis (Philosophy and Cultural Theory)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The Spirit of 1914: Militarism, Myth, and Mobilization in Germany (Studies in the Social and Cultural History of Modern Warfare)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.