[PDF] Philosophy and Religion in Early Medieval China (S U N Y Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture)
Posted on 2017-11-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Alan K. L. Chan, Yuet-keung Lo | Publisher: State Univ of New York Pr | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 381 | ISBN: 1438431872 | ISBN13: 9781438431871 |
Description: Exploring a time of profound change, this book details the intellectual ferment after the fall of the Han dynasty. Questions about "heaven" and the affairs of the world that had seemed resolved by Han Confucianism resurfaced and demanded reconsideration. New currents in philosophy, religion, and intellectual life emerged to leave an indelible mark on the subsequent development of Chinese thought and culture. This period saw the rise of xuanxue ("dark learning" or "learning of the mysterious Dao"), the establishment of religious Daoism, and the rise of Buddhism. In examining the key ideas of xuanxue and focusing on its main proponents, the contributors to this volume call into question the often-presumed monolithic identity of this broad philosophical front. The volume also highlights the richness and complexity of religion in China during this period, examining the relationship between the Way of the Celestial Master and local, popular religious beliefs and practices, and discussing the relationship between religious Daoism and Buddhism.
Philosophy and Religion in Early Medieval China (S U N Y Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33732
- 2011-02-14Philosophy and Religion in Early Medieval China (S U N Y Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture)
- 2020-02-27Reading Philosophy, Writing Poetry: Intertextual Modes of Making Meaning in Early Medieval China (Harvard-Yenching Institute Monograph Series)
- 2011-10-11College of Chinese Language and Culture, ' (Mandarin Chinese Language), Book 1
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Music, Cosmology, and the Politics of Harmony in Early China (S U N Y Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Making Transcendents: Ascetics and Social Memory in Early Medieval China
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Entombed Epigraphy and Commemorative Culture in Early Medieval China: A History of Early Muzhiming (Studies in the History of Chinese Texts) - Removed
- 2021-04-02Letters and Epistolary Culture in Early Medieval China
- 2019-05-10The Buddhist Conquest of China The Spread and Adaptation of Buddhism in Early Medieval China
- 2019-03-23The Buddhist Conquest of China The Spread and Adaptation of Buddhism in Early Medieval China
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Living Buddhist Statues in Early Medieval and Modern Japan - Removed
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Early Medieval China: A Sourcebook
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Early Medieval China: A Sourcebook
- 2013-04-10Great Clarity: Daoism and Alchemy in Early Medieval China
- 2011-12-31The Flood Myths Of Early China (S U N Y Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture)
- 2010-08-30Great Clarity: Daoism and Alchemy in Early Medieval China (Asian Religions and Cultures)
- 2010-03-08The Politics of Mourning in Early China (S U N Y Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture)
- 2021-08-08The Secrets of Buddhist Meditation Visionary Meditation Texts from Early Medieval China
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Living with Disfigurement in Early Medieval Europe (The New Middle Ages)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] A History of the Early Medieval Siege, c.450-1200
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.