Posted on 2018-01-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Susan Will, Stephen Handelman , David C. Brotherton | Publisher: Columbia University Press (October 30, 2012) | Category: Finances and Money | Language: English | Page: 384 | ISBN: 0231156901 | ISBN13: 9780231156905 |
Description: A team of scholars with backgrounds in criminology, sociology, economics, business, government regulation, and law examine the historical, social, and cultural causes of the 2008 economic crisis. Essays probe the workings of the toxic subprime loan industry, the role of external auditors, the consequences of Wall Street deregulation, the manipulations of alpha hedge fund managers, and the "Ponzi-like" culture of contemporary capitalism. They unravel modern finance's complex schematics and highlight their susceptibility to corruption, fraud, and outright racketeering. They examine the involvement of enablers, including accountants, lawyers, credit rating agencies, and regulatory workers, who failed to protect the public interest and enforce existing checks and balances. While the United States was â€œground zeroâ€ of the meltdown, the financial crimes of other countries intensified the disaster. Internationally-focused essays consider bad practices in China and the European property markets and draw attention to the far-reaching consequences of transnational money laundering and tax evasion schemes. By approaching the 2008 crisis from the perspective of white collar criminology, contributors build a more general understanding of the collapse and crystallize the multiple human and institutional factors preventing capture of even the worst offenders.
How They Got Away With It: White Collar Criminals and the Financial Meltdown.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35239
- 2017-01-13[PDF] How They Got Away With It: White Collar Criminals and the Financial Meltdown
- 2014-03-15How They Got Away With It: White Collar Criminals and the Financial Meltdown [Repost]
- 2013-05-11How They Got Away with It: White Collar Criminals and the Financial Meltdown
- 2020-04-17The Establishment: And How They Got Away With It - Removed
- 2019-07-25#$(Favorable) - Why You Should Read The Establishment: And How They Get Away with It by Owen Jones Online or Download [^PDF ^EPUB ^MOBI] - Removed
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Establishment: And How They Get Away with it
- 2021-07-09Owen Jones - The Establishment And How They Get Away With It 2014 Retail EPUB eBook-BitBook
- 2020-06-09The Establishment: And How They Get Away with it
- 2014-05-22How We Got Away with It 2014 UNRATED HDRIP x264 AC3 TiTAN
- 2014-05-19How We Got Away with It 2014 UNRATED HDRIP x264 AC3 TiTAN
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Measurement Theory: Volume 7: With Applications to Decisionmaking, Utility, and the Social Sciences (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] How It Feels to Be Free: Black Women Entertainers and the Civil Rights Movement
- 2017-01-10[PDF] How It Feels to Be Free: Black Women Entertainers and the Civil Rights Movement
- 2020-02-25Profit Without Honor: White Collar Crime and the Looting of America (7th Edition) (What's New in Criminal Justice) Ed 7
- 2021-04-24Homicide at Rough Point: The Untold Story of How Doris Duke, The Richest Woman In America, Got Away With Murder
- 2021-04-14Homicide at Rough Point: The Untold Story of How Doris Duke, The Richest Woman In America, Got Away With Murder
- 2020-07-03Stealing Sisi's Star How a Master Thief Nearly Got Away with Austria's Most Famo...
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Very, Very Rich and How They Got That Way: The spectacular success stories of 15 men who made it to the very, very top
- 2017-12-23[PDF] 100 Birds and How They Got Their Names
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.