[PDF] Forging Peace: Intervention, Human Rights and the Management of Media Space (International Communications)
Posted on 2017-10-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Monroe E. Price, Mark Thomson | Publisher: Edinburgh University Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 416 | ISBN: 0748615016 | ISBN13: 9780748615018 |
Description: During the past decade a number of bloody conflicts have focused international attention on the strategic role of the media in promoting war and perpetuating chaos. The challenges posed by systematic manipulation of the media have been particularly acute in Bosnia, Rwanda, Kosovo, East Timor - wherever the international community intervened to prevent atrocities, or stop them, or help rebuild society in their aftermath. Written against this backdrop, Forging Peace brings together case studies and legal analysis of the steps that the United Nations, NATO and other organisations, both governmental and non-governmental, have taken to build pluralist and independent media in the wake of massive human rights violations. Forging Peace maps an important aspect of contemporary peacemaking. It examines current thinking on the legality of unilateral humanitarian intervention, then analyses in graphic detail the pioneering use of information intervention techniques in conflict zones, ranging from full-scale bombardment and confiscation of transmitters to the establishment of new laws and regulatory regimes. As the social and economic role of the media expands and information technology spreads, driving governments in the world's trouble spots to seek more sophisticated ways of controlling public opinion, Forging Peace looks set to influence policy and debate for years to come. The contributors: Eric Blinderman, Patrick Carmichael, Helen Darbishire, Stephanie Farrior, Alison Des Forges, Peter Krug, Dan De Luce, Julie Mertus, Jamie Metzl, Philip Taylor, David Wimhurst.
Forging Peace: Intervention, Human Rights and the Management of Media Space (International Communications).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32291
- 2009-02-23Forging Peace: Intervention, Human Rights and the Management of Media Space (International Communications)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Reading Humanitarian Intervention: Human Rights and the Use of Force in International Law (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law)
- 2010-04-30Reading Humanitarian Intervention: Human Rights and the Use of Force in International Law
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Essential Texts on Human Rights for the Police: A Compilation of International Instruments (The Raoul Wallenberg Institute Professional Guides to Human Rights)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Criminalisation of Migration in Europe: Challenges for Human Rights and the Rule of Law (SpringerBriefs in Law) - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Psychiatry, Human Rights and the Law
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Justice in the United States: Human Rights and the Constitution
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Counter-Terrorism, Human Rights and the Rule of Law: Crossing Legal Boundaries in Defence of the State
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Human Rights and the Criminal Justice System
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Human Rights and the Impact of Religion (Empirical Research in Religion and Human Rights) - Removed
- 2017-10-11[PDF] The Origins of Indigenism: Human Rights and the Politics of Identity
- 2017-04-12[PDF] Disability, Human Rights and the Limits of Humanitarianism (Interdisciplinary Disability Studies)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Human Rights and the Criminal Justice System
- 2020-12-27Human Rights and the Negotiation of American Power
- 2020-10-22People's Tribunals, Human Rights and the Law: Searching for Justice
- 2020-10-17Human Rights and the Environment
- 2020-06-20Human Rights and the Food Sovereignty Movement: Reclaiming control (Routledge Studies in Food, Society and the Environment)
- 2020-05-14Mental Illness, Human Rights and the Law
- 2020-02-24Athletes’ Human Rights and the Fight Against Doping: A Study of the European Legal Framework (ASSER International Sports Law Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.