Author: Brandon P. Fleming
Posted on 2021-06-02, by temrick.
An inspiring memoir of one man’s transformation from a delinquent, drug-dealing dropout to an award-winning Harvard educator through literature and debate—all by the age of twenty-seven.
Brandon P. Fleming grew up in an abusive home and was shuffled through school, his passing grades a nod to his skill on the basketball court, not his presence in the classroom. He turned to the streets and drug deals by fourteen, saved only by the dream of basketball stardom.
When he suffered a career-ending injury during his first semester at a Division I school, he dropped out of college, toiling on an assembly line, until depression drove him to the edge. Miraculously, his life was spared.
Returning to college, Fleming was determined to reinvent himself as a scholar—to replace illiteracy with mastery over language, to go from being ignored and unseen to commanding attention. He immersed himself in the work of Black thinkers from the Harlem Renaissance to present day. Crucially, he found debate, which became the means by which he transformed his life and the tool he would use to transform the lives of others—teaching underserved kids to be intrusive in places that are not inclusive, eventually at Harvard University, where he would make champions and history.
Through his personal narrative, readers witness Fleming’s transformation, self-education, and how he takes what he learns about words and power to help others like himself. Miseducated is an honest memoir about resilience, visibility, role models, and overcoming all expectations.
- Ebooks list page : 47784
- 2021-07-27One Man, Two Worlds - Memoir of a businessman in politics
- 2021-07-27Dead Men Tell Tales The Memoir of a Police Surgeon
- 2021-07-27The Madness of Grief A Memoir of Love and Loss by Richard Coles
- 2021-07-27Below the Edge of Darkness A Memoir of Exploring Light and Life in the Deep Sea
- 2021-07-27A Farewell to Gabo and Mercedes A Son's Memoir of Gabriel García Márquez and Mercedes Barcha
- 2021-07-27Soles of a Survivor - A Memoir
- 2021-07-27Stolen A Memoir by Elizabeth Gilpin
- 2021-07-26There Will Be Lobster Memoir of a Midlife Crisis - Sara Arnell
- 2021-07-25Kobad Ghandy Fractured Freedom A Prison Memoir Roli Books 2021
- 2021-07-25What Is a Dog A Memoir by Chloe Shaw
- 2021-07-24There Will Be Lobster Memoir of a Midlife Crisis
- 2021-07-24The First 21: A Memoir
- 2021-07-24The Madness of Grief A Memoir of Love and Loss
- 2021-07-24Eye of the Tiger Memoir of a United States Marine, Third Force Recon Company, Vietnam [Audiobook]
- 2021-07-23Kobad Ghandy Fractured Freedom A Prison Memoir Roli Books 2021
- 2021-07-22One Man, Two Worlds Memoir of a businessman in politics
- 2021-07-22Blue Water, Green Skipper A Memoir of Sailing Alone Across the Atlantic by Stuart Woods
- 2021-07-22Soles of a Survivor A Memoir
- 2021-07-21Dead Men Telling Tales Napoleonic War Veterans and the Military Memoir Industry, 1808-1914
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.