Miraculous Abundance One Quarter Acre, Two French Farmers, and Enough Food to Feed the World [AudioBook]
Posted on 2021-09-13, by book24h.
English | 2017 | ISBN: 9781603587235 |8 hours |MP3|M4B | 469 MB
The Bec Hellouin model for growing food, sequestering carbon, creating jobs, and increasing biodiversity without using fossil fuels
When Charles and Perrine Hervé-Gruyer set out to create their farm in an historic Normandy village, they had no idea just how much their lives would change. Neither one had ever farmed before. Charles had been circumnavigating the globe by sail, operating a floating school that taught students about ecology and indigenous cultures. Perrine had been an international lawyer in Japan. Each had returned to France to start a new life. Eventually, Perrine joined Charles in Normandy, and Le Ferme du Bec Hellouin was born.
Bec Hellouin has since become a celebrated model of innovative, ecological agriculture in Europe, connected to national and international organizations addressing food security, heralded by celebrity chefs as well as the Slow Food movement, and featured in the inspiring César and COLCOA award-winning documentary film, Demain ("Tomorrow"). Miraculous Abundance is the eloquent tale of the couple's evolution from creating a farm to sustain their family to delving into an experiment in how to grow the most food possible, in the most ecological way possible, and create a farm model that can carry us into a post-carbon future-when oil is no longer moving goods and services, energy is scarcer, and localization is a must.
Today, the farm produces a variety of vegetables using a mix of permaculture, bio-intensive, four-season, and natural farming techniques--as well as techniques gleaned from native cultures around the world. It has some animals for eggs and milk, horses for farming, a welcome center, a farm store, a permaculture school, a bread oven for artisan breads, greenhouses, a cidery, and a forge. It has also become the site of research focusing on how small organic farms like theirs might confront Europe's (and the world's) projected food crisis.
But in this honest and engaging account of the trials and joys of their uncompromising effort, readers meet two people who are farming the future as much as they are farming their land. They envision farms like theirs someday being the hub for a host of other businesses that can drive rural communities-from bread makers and grain millers to animal care givers and other tradespeople.
Market farmers and home gardeners alike will find much in these pages, but so will those who've never picked up a hoe. The couple's account of their quest to design an almost Edenlike farm, hone their practices, and find new ways to feed the world is an inspiring tale. It is also a love letter to a future in which people increasingly live in rural communities that rely on traditional skills, locally created and purveyed goods and services, renewable energy, and greater local governance, but are also connected to the larger world.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 49484
- 2021-04-18Miraculous Abundance One Quarter Acre, Two French Farmers, and Enough Food to Feed the World by Perrine Hervé-Gruyer
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Miraculous Abundance: One Quarter Acre, Two French Farmers, and Enough Food to Feed the World
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Eve of a Hundred Midnights: The Star-Crossed Love Story of Two WWII Correspondents and their Epic Escape across the Pacific [Audiobook]
- 2021-09-06World War One WWI History Told from the Trenches, Seas, Skies, and Desert of a War Torn World (Audiobook)
- 2021-08-09Saving Sadie How a Dog That No One Wanted Inspired the World[Audiobook]
- 2021-07-23A Profile of the Farm Machinery Industry The Power to Help Farmers Feed the World, 2nd Edition
- 2020-12-27Nala's World One Man, His Rescue Cat, and a Bike Ride around the Globe [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-07The Yellow Envelope One Gift, Three Rules, and A Life-Changing Journey Around the World [Audiobook]
- 2018-11-06Did You Just Eat That?: Two Scientists Explore Double-Dipping, the Five-Second Rule, and other Food Myths in the Lab
- 2017-12-28[PDF] One Billion Hungry: Can We Feed the World?
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Sheepish: Two Women, Fifty Sheep, and Enough Wool to Save the Planet
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Eve of a Hundred Midnights: The Star-Crossed Love Story of Two WWII Correspondents and Their Epic Escape Across the Pacific
- 2017-10-31[PDF] One Thousand Wells: How an Audacious Goal Taught Me to Love the World Instead of Save It
- 2017-01-17[PDF] Sheepish: Two Women, Fifty Sheep, and Enough Wool to Save the Planet
- 2014-06-12One Billion Hungry: Can We Feed the World?
- 2014-06-05One Billion Hungry: Can We Feed the World?
- 2012-11-05Sheepish: Two Women, Fifty Sheep, and Enough Wool to Save the Planet
- 2012-04-30Escape from Camp 14: One Man's Remarkable Odyssey from North Korea to Freedom in the West (Audiobook)
- 2010-11-02French Foreign and Defence Policy, 1918-1940: The Decline and Fall of a Great Power (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.