Posted on 2021-07-22, by book24h.
Introduction to the Environmental Humanities
by J. Andrew Hubbell
English | 2021 | ISBN: 0815391935 | 302 pages | True PDF | 65.46 MB
In an era of climate change, deforestation, melting ice caps, poisoned environments, and species loss, many people are turning to the power of the arts and humanities for sustainable solutions to global ecological problems. Introduction to the Environmental Humanities offers a practical and accessible guide to this dynamic and interdisciplinary field.
This book provides an overview of the Environmental Humanities' evolution from the activist movements of the early and mid-twentieth century to more recent debates over climate change, sustainability, energy policy, and habitat degradation in the Anthropocene era. The text introduces readers to seminal writings, artworks, campaigns, and movements while demystifying important terms such as the Anthropocene, environmental justice, nature, ecosystem, ecology, posthuman, and non-human. Emerging theoretical areas such as critical animal and plant studies, gender and queer studies, Indigenous studies, and energy studies are also presented. Organized by discipline, the book explores the role that the arts and humanities play in the future of the planet.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 48602
- 2020-07-24Rethinking Invasion Ecologies from the Environmental Humanities (Routledge Environmental Humanities)
- 2020-05-06Global Ecologies and the Environmental Humanities: Postcolonial Approaches (Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Literature)
- 2018-11-01Disability Studies and the Environmental Humanities Toward an Eco-Crip Theory
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Rethinking Invasion Ecologies from the Environmental Humanities (Routledge Environmental Humanities)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Rethinking Invasion Ecologies from the Environmental Humanities (Routledge Environmental Humanities)
- 2021-06-03Environmental Humanities in the New Himalayas: Symbiotic Indigeneity, Commoning, Sustainability
- 2021-04-03Insights from Data with R: An Introduction for the Life and Environmental Sciences
- 2021-03-19Insights from Data with R: An Introduction for the Life and Environmental Sciences
- 2020-04-26The Biosphere and the Bioregion: Essential Writings of Peter Berg (Routledge Environmental Humanities)
- 2020-03-13Cultural Sustainability: Perspectives from the Humanities and Social Sciences (Routledge Environmental Humanities)
- 2019-12-17Gardens and Human Agency in the Anthropocene (Routledge Environmental Humanities)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Sustainable Consumption and the Good Life: Interdisciplinary perspectives (Routledge Environmental Humanities)
- 2012-03-13A Brief Introduction to the Semitic Languages By Aaron D. Rubin
- 2011-09-24Engineering Rock Mechanics - An Introduction to the Principles
- 2011-08-17Feeling the Heat: Dispatches from the Front Lines of Climate Change - Removed
- 2011-08-13Improving the Scientific Basis for Managing DOE's Excess Nuclear Materials and Spent Nuclear Fuel
- 2011-07-08Introduction to the ITIL Service Lifecycle
- 2009-05-06Space And Time In Contemporary Physics: An Introduction To The Theory Of Relativity And Gravitation
- 2021-07-28The Visual Language of Comics Introduction to the Structure and Cognition of Sequential Images
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.