Posted on 2021-05-03, by Jockerss.
History Is a Contemporary Literature - Manifesto for the Social Sciences
pdf | 2.02 MB | English | Isbn:B076VTYP3H | Author: Jablonka, Ivan;Bracher, Nathan; | PAge: 294 | Year: 2018
Ivan Jablonka's History Is a Contemporary Literature offers highly innovative perspectives on the writing of history, the relationship between literature and the social sciences, and the way that both social-scientific inquiry and literary explorations contribute to our understanding of the world. Jablonka argues that the act and art of writing, far from being an afterthought in the social sciences, should play a vital role in the production of knowledge in all stages of the researcher's work and embody or even constitute the understanding obtained. History (along with sociology and anthropology) can, he contends, achieve both greater rigor and wider audiences by creating a literary experience through a broad spectrum of narrative modes.
Challenging scholars to adopt investigative, testimonial, and other experimental writing techniques as a way of creating and sharing knowledge, Jablonka envisions a social science literature that will inspire readers to become actively engaged in understanding their own pasts and to relate their histories to the present day. Lamenting the specialization that has isolated the academy from the rest of society, History Is a Contemporary Literature aims to bring imagination and audacity into the practice of scholarship, drawing on the techniques of literature to strengthen the methods of the social sciences.
Category:Semiotics & Theory Literary Criticism, Historiography, History of Anthropology
Hosters: Rapidgator | DDownload
- Ebooks list page : 47513
- 2011-09-12Energy and Transportation: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2011-09-06Information and Communications: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2011-08-23Information and Communications: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2019-12-21Social Philosophy of Science for the Social Sciences (Theory and History in the Human and Social Sciences)
- 2011-12-27GIS and Spatial Analysis for the Social Sciences: Coding, Mapping, and Modeling (Contemporary Sociological Perspectives) - Removed
- 2011-12-05GIS and Spatial Analysis for the Social Sciences: Coding, Mapping, and Modeling (Contemporary Sociological Perspectives) - Removed
- 2011-09-01GIS and Spatial Analysis for the Social Sciences: Coding, Mapping, and Modeling (Contemporary Sociological Perspectives) free ebook download - Removed
- 2021-08-26GIS and Spatial Analysis for the Social Sciences Coding, Mapping and Modeling
- 2021-07-28Islands of Order A Guide to Complexity Modeling for the Social Sciences
- 2020-12-05Statistical Methods for the Social Sciences, Global Edition
- 2020-09-21Statistics for the Social Sciences: A General Linear Model Approach (True PDF)
- 2020-07-21Evaluation Theory, Models, and Applications (Research Methods for the Social Sciences) Ed 2
- 2020-06-26Multilevel Network Analysis for the Social Sciences: Theory, Methods and Applications (Methodos Series)
- 2020-05-16Qualitative Inquiry in Evaluation: From Theory to Practice (Research Methods for the Social Sciences)
- 2020-05-06Visual Methods in the Field: Photography for the Social Sciences
- 2020-02-27A Practical Introduction to Regression Discontinuity Designs: Foundations (Elements in Quantitative and Computational Methods for the Social Sciences)
- 2020-01-11Managing Applied Social Research: Tools, Strategies, and Insights (Research Methods for the Social Sciences)
- 2020-01-01Measurement Theory and Applications for the Social Sciences (Methodology in the Social Sciences)
- 2019-12-12Numbers, Hypothesis & Conclusions A Course in Statistics for the Social Sciences, Third Edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.