Posted on 2021-03-12, by nokia241186.
English | ISBN: 1107030242 | 2013 | 247 pages | PDF | 4 MB
In this engaging and eloquent history, Ruby Lal traces the becoming of nineteenth-century Indian women through a critique of narratives of linear transition from girlhood to womanhood. In the north Indian patriarchal environment, women's lives were dominated by the expectations of the male universal, articulated most clearly in household chores and domestic duties. The author argues that girls and women in the early nineteenth century experienced freedoms, eroticism, adventurousness and playfulness, even within restrictive circumstances. Although women in the colonial world of the later nineteenth century continued to be agential figures, their activities came to be constrained by more firmly entrenched domestic norms. Lal skillfully marks the subtle and complex alterations in the multifaceted female subject in a variety of nineteenth-century discourses, which are elaborated in four different sites - forest, school, household, and rooftop.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 46796
- 2012-03-17Tithe and Agrarian History from the Fourteenth to the Nineteenth Century: An Essay in Comparative History By Emmanuel le Roy Ladurie, Joseph Goy
- 2020-11-25Old Age in Nineteenth Century Ireland: Ageing under the Union
- 2010-07-12Thuggee: Banditry and the British in Early Nineteenth-Century India
- 2020-05-12The Portuguese at War - From the Nineteenth Century to the Present Day
- 2020-02-07Orientalizing the Jew: Religion, Culture, and Imperialism in Nineteenth-Century France (The Modern Jewish Experience)
- 2019-11-22Commodity Frontiers and Global Capitalist Expansion: Social, Ecological and Political Implications from the Nineteenth Century to the Present Day (Palgrave Studies in Economic History)
- 2018-08-01Raising Heirs to the Throne in Nineteenth-Century Spain The Education of the Constitutional Monarch
- 2018-07-22The Iranian Political Language From the Late Nineteenth Century to the Present
- 2018-07-08Raising Heirs to the Throne in Nineteenth-Century Spain The Education of the Constitutional Monarch
- 2018-06-11Raising Heirs to the Throne in Nineteenth-Century Spain The Education of the Constitutional Monarch
- 2018-06-07The Complete History of Cross-Country Running From the Nineteenth Century to the Present Day
- 2018-06-03Liberalism in Nineteenth Century Europe The Political Culture of Limited Suffrage - Removed
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Darwinistas!: The Construction of Evolutionary Thought in Nineteenth Century Argentina (History of Science and Medicine Library / Scientific and Lea) - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Orientalizing the Jew: Religion, Culture, and Imperialism in Nineteenth-Century France (The Modern Jewish Experience)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Claiming the Bicycle: Women, Rhetoric, and Technology in Nineteenth-Century America (Studies in Rhetorics and Feminisms)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] A Cultural History of the British Census: Envisioning the Multitude in the Nineteenth Century (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History) - Removed
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Edinburgh Critical History of Nineteenth-Century Philosophy (The Edinburgh Critical History of Philosophy)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Irish Imperial Networks: Migration, Social Communication and Exchange in Nineteenth-Century India
- 2017-12-13[PDF] A Faithful Account of the Race: African American Historical Writing in Nineteenth-Century America (The John Hope Franklin Series in African American History and Culture)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.