Battle Descriptions as Literary Texts: A comparative approach (Universal- und kulturhistorische Studien. Studies in Universal and Cultural History)
Posted on 2020-03-02, by books_lover.
Battle descriptions are usually seen as the raw material of the military historian, who uses them to explain why generals won or lost a given battle. This volume does not aim to contribute to this discussion; it rather approaches battle descriptions as literary texts that interact with the expectations of a given audience. Therefore literary traditions in structure, vocabulary and topics of battle descriptions should be explored. The transgression of genre-borders – also literary and fictional texts are included – and a broad comparative approach, combining evidence from the third millennium BC up to the 20th century AD, makes cultural specifics and differences more easily perceivable. Contents With contributions by Marcos Such-Guttiérrez, Pavel Čech, Hilmar Klinkott, Wolfgang Oswald, Kai Ruffing, Oliver Stoll, Martin M. Bauer, Reinhold Bichler, Christian Mileta, Simon Lentzsch, Sven Günther, Dennis Pulina, Johanna Luggin, Sonjar Koroliov, Magdalena Gronau and Martin Gronau. The Edi
- Ebooks list page : 42856
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Mental Modeling Approach: Risk Management Application Case Studies (Risk, Systems and Decisions) - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Stories of Khmelnytsky: Competing Literary Legacies of the 1648 Ukrainian Cossack Uprising (Stanford Studies on Central and Eastern)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] The Vagina: A Literary and Cultural History
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Diabetes Its Medical and Cultural History: Outlines - Texts - Bibliography - Removed
- 2017-11-15[PDF] An algebraic approach to non-classical logics (Studies in logic and the foundations of mathematics volume 78)
- 2013-04-27An algebraic approach to non-classical logics (Studies in logic and the foundations of mathematics volume 78) (repost)
- 2012-02-06An algebraic approach to non-classical logics (Studies in logic and the foundations of mathematics volume 78) - Lev D. Beklemishev
- 2011-11-16Possibility for Decision: A Possibilistic Approach to Real Life Decisions (Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing)
- 2011-08-06Possibility for Decision: A Possibilistic Approach to Real Life Decisions (Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing)
- 2010-07-12Michelle Ann Abate - Tomboys: A Literary and Cultural History
- 2020-04-30Canonical Texts and Scholarly Practices: A Global Comparative Approach
- 2019-01-23Canonical Texts and Scholarly Practices: A Global Comparative Approach
- 2017-09-18Canonical Texts and Scholarly Practices A Global Comparative Approach
- 2021-08-23English and German Diction for Singers A Comparative Approach
- 2021-08-21English and German Diction for Singers A Comparative Approach
- 2021-07-22PowerShell Guide to Python A Comparative Approach to Learn two Scripting Languages at once. Fast!
- 2021-04-24Lessons in Mythology: A Comparative Approach
- 2021-01-09Financial Stability and Prudential Regulation: A Comparative Approach to the UK, US, Canada, Australia and Germany
- 2020-12-05The Family in Roman Egypt A Comparative Approach to Intergenerational Solidarity and Conflict
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.