Posted on 2021-10-14, by nokia241186.
English | ISBN: 978-981-16-0370-9 | 410 pages | PDF, EPUB | 2021 | 8 MB
'Awkward Powers' is an innovative and impressive book written by leading scholars in the field. It assists with our understanding of the changing nature and role of middle powers at a time of considerable upheaval in the international system.
- Dr. David Walton, Western Sydney University, Australia
This wonderfully provocative collection of essays is a welcome contribution to an International Relations discipline still obsessed with big powers. It highlights how smaller states are now variously intervening in regional and global affairs. The book confirms that their "awkwardness" can no longer be ignored.
- Dr. Allan Patience, The University of Melbourne, Australia
This book introduces the editors' new concept of "Awkward Powers". By undertaking a critical re-examination of the state of International Relations theorising on the changing nature of the global power hierarchy, it draws attention to a number of countries that fit awkwardly into existing but outdated categories such as "great power" and "middle power". It argues that conceptual categories pertaining to the apex of the international hierarchy have become increasingly unsatisfactory, and that new approaches focusing on such "Awkward Powers" can both rectify shortcomings on power theorising whilst shining a much-needed theoretical spotlight on significant but understudied states. The book's contributors examine a broad range of empirical case studies, including both established and rising powers across a global scale to illustrate our conceptual claims. Through such a novel process, we argue that a better appreciation of the de facto international power hierarchy in the 21st century can be achieved.
Gabriele Abbondanza, PhD, is a Visiting Fellow at the Department of Government and International Relations, University of Sydney. He specialises in Australian and Italian foreign and security policy; national power, and regional, middle, and great power theory.
Thomas Wilkins, PhD, is a Senior Lecturer in International Security in the Department of Government and International Relations, University of Sydney, and a Senior Fellow (Non-Resident) at the Japan Institute for International Affairs. He has published widely on International Relations theory and Asia-Pacific security issues.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 49829
- 2021-01-20Killer Politics How Big Money and Bad Politics Are Destroying the Great American Middle Class
- 2020-01-12Ideology and Power in the Viking and Middle Ages (The Northern World)
- 2019-11-21Living with China: Finding a Middle Power's Middle Way (Rotman-Utp Publishing - Business and Sustainability)
- 2019-08-24Saudi Arabia and Iran Power and Rivalry in the Middle East
- 2019-07-08$%(Great) - Why You Should Read Pagans: The End of Traditional Religion and the Rise of Christianity by James J. O'Donnell Online or Download [*PDF *EPUB *MOBI] - Removed
- 2019-06-26Bonds of Wool The Pallium and Papal Power in the Middle Ages
- 2018-11-28The Middle Power Project Canada and the Founding of the United Nations
- 2018-09-04The Possibility and Limit of Liberal Middle Power Policies
- 2018-01-18[PDF] What Great Salespeople Do: The Science of Selling Through Emotional Connection and the Power of Story
- 2014-02-16What Great Salespeople Do: The Science of Selling Through Emotional Connection and the Power of Story
- 2013-01-26Power over People: Classical and Modern Political Theory (The Great Courses, 443) (Audiobook) (Repost)
- 2012-09-18Ideology and Power in the Viking and Middle Ages (The Northern World)
- 2012-06-26Ideology and Power in the Viking and Middle Ages
- 2012-06-26Ideology and Power in the Viking and Middle Ages (Repost)
- 2012-01-09Killer Politics: How Big Money and Bad Politics Are Destroying the Great American Middle Class
- 2011-10-23"Cancer Control Opportunities in Low- and Middle-Income Countries" ed. by Frank A. Sloan and Hellen Gelband
- 2011-09-23Ideology and Power in the Viking and Middle Ages (The Northern World)
- 2010-11-04Strategic Basing and the Great Powers, 1200-2000 (Strategy and History)
- 2010-04-08Compression for Great Digital Video: Power Tips, Techniques, and Common Sense (With CD-ROM) - Removed
- 2021-10-12All Creatures Great and Small 2020 S02E04 720p HEVC x265-MeGusta
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.