Posted on 2020-12-19, by Germany2020.
Joyce Mao, "Asia First: China and the Making of Modern American Conservatism"
English | ISBN: 022625271X | 2015 | 232 pages | PDF | 1214 KB
After Japanese bombs hit Pearl Harbor, the American right stood at a crossroads. Generally isolationist, conservatives needed to forge their own foreign policy agenda if they wanted to remain politically viable. When Mao Zedong established the People's Republic of China in 1949―with the Cold War just underway―they had a new object of foreign policy, and as Joyce Mao reveals in this fascinating new look at twentieth-century Pacific affairs, that change would provide vital ingredients for American conservatism as we know it today.
Mao explores the deep resonance American conservatives felt with the defeat of Chiang Kai-Shek and his exile to Taiwan, which they lamented as the loss of China to communism and the corrosion of traditional values. In response, they fomented aggressive anti-communist positions that urged greater action in the Pacific, a policy known as "Asia First." While this policy would do nothing to oust the communists from China, it was powerfully effective at home. Asia First provided American conservatives a set of ideals―American sovereignty, selective military intervention, strident anti-communism, and the promotion of a technological defense state―that would bring them into the global era with the positions that are now their hallmark.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/Germany2020
- Ebooks list page : 45814
- 2021-03-02The Pro War Movement: Domestic Support for the Vietnam War and the Making of Modern American Conservatism
- 2021-02-11The Pro War Movement: Domestic Support for the Vietnam War and the Making of Modern American Conservatism
- 2021-01-17The Pro-War Movement: Domestic Support for the Vietnam War and the Making of Modern American Conservatism
- 2021-08-06Mahjong A Chinese Game And The Making Of Modern American Culture [Audiobook]
- 2021-01-18The Pro-War Movement Domestic Support for the Vietnam War and the Making of Modern American Conserva...
- 2019-01-12The Hurlers: The First All-Ireland Championship and the Making of Modern Hurling - Removed
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Conjuring Asia: Magic, Orientalism and the Making of the Modern World
- 2017-11-21[PDF] The Opium War: Drugs, Dreams and the Making of Modern China
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Cataclysm 1914: The First World War and the Making of Modern World Politics (Historical Materialism Book)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] India's War: World War II and the Making of Modern South Asia - Removed
- 2012-01-19Religion and the Making of Modern East Asia (New Approaches to Asian History) - Thomas David DuBois
- 2011-12-05Religion and the Making of Modern East Asia (New Approaches to Asian History) - Thomas David DuBois
- 2011-12-03Religion and the Making of Modern East Asia (New Approaches to Asian History) - Thomas David DuBois
- 2011-11-25Wired Wilderness: Technologies of Tracking and the Making of Modern Wildlife (Animals, History, Culture) - Removed
- 2011-11-09The Routledge Dictionary of Modern American Slang and Unconventional English - Removed
- 2011-10-26Thomas David DuBois, "Religion and the Making of Modern East Asia"
- 2011-10-20Religion and the Making of Modern East Asia
- 2021-09-10Exile and the Nation The Parsi Community of India and the Making of Modern Iran
- 2021-09-10Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan [AudioBook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.